Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

"And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt..."

Welcome to the United States: Paranoid Delusional Paradise. Yes, folks, Homeland Security is spending your tax dollars ever-so-wisely, protecting us all from the terrorists and their... T-Shirts? Um, yeah. Just ask Raed Jarrar, who was given a hard time over an "offensive" garment that bore the slogan "We will not be silent" in both Arabic and English. Apparently, any Arabs talking is terrorist activity, and we can't have that, can we? Eventually, they made him wear a different shirt and let him board the plane, but not until after the authorities made complete and total asses of themselves by giving Mr. Jarrar the third degree.

Mr Jarrar later told a New York radio station: "I grew up and spent all my life living under authoritarian regimes and I know that these things happen.

"But I'm shocked that they happened to me here, in the US."

(Link)


Comments:
I just realised that you guys finally updated your link to me and your blog. I thought your blog was dead so I had taken the link down, but now that I know it is still alive I am putting your link back on my site, right away. Sorry for the confusion on my part. Glad to see you guys are still here. I am adding you all to the political blog section in the links area in the right hand column. You can find your link there on my site staticbrain.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?