Monday, February 13, 2006

 

Birth Of An International Blog

Wow. This is crazy! When I closed Rancho Relaxo, I thought I was giving up an already-large reader base and starting from scratch. In many ways, that's exactly what I did. But I never expected BP to grow into an internationally read site in such a short time.


But, thanks to ClusterMaps, I have a new approach to viewing site hits: Pinpointing exactly where readers are on a nifty little map! This map above (click it for a larger view) shows BP's visitors for the last week (February 6-12). Check it out! We even have a hit from China! With all the censorship over there, that's pretty amazing.

Thanks are most certainly due here! First of all, to Chris Savino, who's site first introduced me to ClusterMaps. And to Corporal Kickyourass, who's vast reader base is slowly seeping over into our own. Technorati, for giving us the tools we need to crosslink our posts, allowing users to search and find us. And, most of all, all of you, for coming to read our lame little blog in the first place! While BP's initial existance is my fault, it continues to exist thanks to all of you. You guys rule! Now, go get a ClusterMaps account for your own site, and see what kind of traffic you're getting... (Link)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?