Monday, December 05, 2005

 

Freddie Mercury Rolls Over In His Grave

OK, how about this for crazy? This group of musicians, without fear of the RIAA or it's European arm, have mashed together Queen's Greatest Hits with some of 50 Cent's biggest tracks. The result is nothing short of scary. I listened to the whole bloody thing, and all I can say is hot damn.

This raises the question: Because I've heard this mash-up, does that mean I no longer have any need to buy Queen or 50 Cent music? First of all, I still won't pay for 50 Cent music, because I simply don't really want it. I have already paid for quite a number of Queen CDs over the years, so I think that alone entitles me to this freebie mash-up. If anything, I think this will hip the kids these days to Queen's music through the window of 50 Cent. They deserve to hear some "good music" to compliment the crap they pollute their ears with in this day and age... (Link -- via BoingBoing)

Update: I've got more thoughts on this over at my blog. (Link)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?